"Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. " ~ James 1:2-3

Romance.


Monday, Tom had to walk to work because the buses were closed (stopped? inoperational?) for MLK Jr Day. Since he has to walk by my work to get to his, he stopped in early to surprise me.
This time, he brought me flowers - a potted purple hyacinth. He wanted something that would last longer than the rose he got me for my birthday and he thought they smelled nice for my office.
What was adorable was that he didn't know what kind of flower he had gotten me. When I got all excited that he brought me my favorite flower, he looks at me, puzzled and says "That's hyacinth?!"
They are beautiful and fragance my small office nicely. My only dilemma is that I work in the basement, and there is no sunlight near my office. I've been taking the plant out for a half hour each morning, but I think I'm going to need to take him (don't ask about the pronoun) out for lunch, and I'll probably take him home over the weekend.
I love my husband!

0 comments: