"Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. " ~ James 1:2-3

Is it ever too early to start reading to your child?


Tom and I have each taken to reading to baby everyday. Tom found an old fairy tale book I got when I was 5 and so every other day he reads baby a story. Last night was 'The Goose Girl,' from the brothers Grimm. It was indeed, fairly grim and included talking drops of blood, wicked maidservants, talking decapitated horse heads and being drug naked down the street in a barrel of knives.
Maybe we shouldn't be reading fairy tales until baby is an adult!!
I have been reading from 'Le petit Nicolas,' a French children's story (or collection of little stories) told by Nicolas about his school, family and friends. Though I am not fluent, I think that maybe a little exposure to the French language now (and throughout childhood) should make it easier to learn a foreign language later in life. We'll see. Either way I get to practice my french, and I always enjoy that!

0 comments: