"Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. " ~ James 1:2-3

Happy 4th!

Tom worked during the day on the 4th - which was best, as he got time & a half for doing it. He came home and grilled burgers on the cheap little charcoal grill I got him last year for his birthday. Then he bottled up his first batch of home-brewed beer and we headed off to fireworks.
We went to see the fireworks off the Battleship North Carolina on the 4th. We fought traffic and crowds and were able to sit right up by the river.


We weren't sure how Harper would like the fireworks. He's a laid back guy, but the fireworks are pretty loud. I couldn't believe though, that he barely flinched when they started. I had him positioned to see them, and he watched them intently - I think he liked the bright colors. He was holding my finger, and when there was a particularly loud firework, he didn't fuss or fidget, he just squeezed my finger a little extra tightly. It made my heart melt just a little!

But by the end of the night, he was spent. On the walk back to the car, he had his hand blocking his face as if he was just so exhausted he couldn't stand it anymore.

1 comments:

K said...

by the time we finished letting off the small arsenal in our yard, I felt the same way! Harper and Poppy- take us to bed and tuck us in. :-)
xo.