"Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. " ~ James 1:2-3

I'm dreaming of...

A good nights sleep; ever elusive. I always knew (read: was always warned) that as I got older, the constant drag of fatigue would never fade. I secretly hoped it wasn't true. It is. I've discovered that my roles in life are getting greater in number. I'm a mother, a wife, a daughter, an employee, a consultant, and an adult. At one point in my life, I was simply a daughter and child. No wonder I'm not getting enough sleep! (photo credit: Remara Photography)

A raise. It's not a given, but my (new) boss asked me to draft up a new job description that emphasized my skills, not downplayed them. As is, my position seems to be leaning towards Resarch Analyst. A rough search shows this position pays, on average, twice what I am currently making. While I'm not gunning for that kind of raise, I am hoping that means that I get at least something! (photo credit: Automania @ flickr.com)



Being debt free. We have taxes coming in and generous student grants from CFCC. As we pay off certain bills, we'll have more money in the budget, to finish paying off other bills. And while it will be some time before the student loans from before Tom and I were married are gone, even if we can pay everything else off; we'd have plenty in the budget to start saving for a home of our own. And maybe a newer car. Ride away, little debt train! (photo credit: catherine_arthouse @ flickr.com)

1 comments:

C and J said...

What a perfectly fantastic goal you have set! We will be thinking of you for the raise!!! XOXOXO