"Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. " ~ James 1:2-3

Lethargy and Michigan

In our home, we have been sharing and passing around a low grade fever, coughing, and general lethargy. It started about the time we left Michigan. It was a very... good?... no, meaningful trip. Tom's father had a scare the Wednesday before last, and Aunt Teddy, Tom's great aunt, passed away. 
We went up to Michigan for the funeral, and to spend time visiting with Tom's father. The funeral was beautiful; a wonderful Catholic ceremony, full of all the people she had impacted during her 93 years. I can say this, because I hardly knew her, but I thought the funeral was amazing - celebrating the much loved life of a 93 year old woman is a shining example of how I hope to go, when I do. 
We spent time with Tom's dad every day. The last time we went to visit, his father's eyesight had deteriorated, but he has since undergone corrective surgery. To see his dad playing with Harper was really uplifting. 

So the coughing, low-grade fever, and lethargy is worth it. But I am ready to feel 100%

0 comments: