"Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. " ~ James 1:2-3

Trial and Error: Eggplant.1

HPIM5356

This is my first trial dinner. I’ve never eaten eggplant (to my knowledge) and certainly didn’t know how to cook it. I checked out allrecipes.com and found a highly rated, easy, “oven fried” eggplant recipe.
The verdict? Tasty: Yes. Texture: Blech. I’m not sure if it was mushy because it was overcooked or if mushy is the expected texture of baked eggplant. We’ve still got another eggplant to go, so we’ll be trying a new recipe on that eggplant.
Got any good recipes for me?

1 comments:

K said...

Look for ratatouille (I am sure I spelled that wrong- you are the French expert!!). It uses a ton of garden vegetables and I think it is delicious! Also, eggplant parmesean is my favorite! Eggplant can be a little mushy, but the flavor is great.
xo.