"Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. " ~ James 1:2-3

Kind of Useful…


So, if you are reading this at my actual blog site (www.hillidaa.blogspot.com) you may have noticed a little ad space down beneath the flickr pics. I thought I should explain myself. There is a site called www.swagbucks.com which rewards you in "Swag Bucks" for using their website as a search engine, instead of say, Google.com. What is nice is that you can redeem these internet dollars for real, tangible objects. Many of these prizes are useless (at least in my humble opinion – I no longer have an interest in stickers and movie posters) but they also offer gift cards to places like Amazon.com and will put money into your PayPal account. It can take up to a month to earn enough internet dollars for these things, but I figure it's money I didn't have before. (Family & friends – you may be receiving gifts from Amazon.com this year.)
The only catch that I've found so far is that when you do a search, the "Sponsored Results" that show up at the top in Yahoo and Google searches are scattered in with the real results on Swagbucks. This is okay when you are searching for something like "Best Buy" but annoying when you are looking for "leak in power steering line." There's a bunch of other stuff you can do for more internet monies, but the search is the easiest.
Anyways, all this to say that if you check it out and are considering signing up, use the link on the blog. I get extra internet monies for that and then I can buy you nicer things. If you aren't interested, well, um… I guess just don't click on the link. That seems pretty easy J

0 comments: