"Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. " ~ James 1:2-3

Fall Fail

Friday, after our rain drenched, street flooding, national news making week, I walked outdoors into what was clearly fall. The air was crisp and cool (for Wilmington) and I had visions of picking apples in an orchard, like we did the year we got married (and I did most years before that). Visions of cider and pumpkin cake donuts, orange and green speckled gourds in every grocery store, and a flavorful mix of Halloween and Harvest in every store.

Klackles Orchard 8

Fall has failed this year. Or perhaps it is Wilmington that has failed Fall. JC Penney and Lowe’s have Christmas trees. The closest “You Pick” apple orchards are hours away. And perhaps, worst of all, after running errands to two different grocery stores, I could not find that essential fall staple – apple cider.

Wilmington, you make me sad.

1 comments:

K said...

I feel your pain.
Fall does not even pretend to exist in the tropics.
Christmas is in the stores and it looks very glittery here. NOT KIDDING! I wanted to take a picture but succumbed to the "MOM! NOOOOOOOOO!"
I did find a few good Gala apples at Price Smart though, and that is good for now.
xo.