"Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. " ~ James 1:2-3

Christmas Dinner

 

Christmas 116

I made my first full Christmas Dinner this year for Tom, Harper and I. I made garlic mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes, Swiss cheese green beans, stuffing, and a roast chicken (a 5-8 pound chicken made more sense for our family). I also made cranberry sauce, but whoever said you could do it in the Crockpot overnight was full of lies. But, the burned cranberry sauce was the only mistake in otherwise a delicious meal (I have this on a reliable source).

I looked for some recipes that were similar to old family recipes I had in a cookbook that I forget to get back before the holidays. Others, I tried brand new – a cornbread sausage stuffing with apples and bacon, and a tasty quiche and roasted potatoes for breakfast.

I have to thank the good cooks in my life, and those who passed down deliciousness like never before!!

2 comments:

K (your sister) said...

It looks quite delicious!!

ashley said...

Thanks K! It was quite delicious (if I do say so myself) and the sweet potato casserole was perfect after my wisdom teeth came out!!