"Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. " ~ James 1:2-3

Suddenly Fearless

IMG0102A 

IMG0105A

IMG0104A

If you know Harper, you know what a big deal these pictures are! If not, lets begin by saying that Harper has been terrified of the ocean since day one. Even if you hold him and walk towards the ocean, he begins to scream and cry. If you set him down, he runs like the wind, far far away from the ocean.

Until today.

First, he wanted to come sit with me at the water’s edge, which was amazing in and of itself. Then he asks to go further in the water. He asked to go deeper and we splashed and played in the waves. He laid down at the ocean’s edge, and let the waves roll him over the beach. He pouted when I made him get out when he was chattering and his lips were blue.

I smiled, I beamed at watching my little boy lose his fear of the ocean, and become my fearless water baby!!

0 comments: