"Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. " ~ James 1:2-3

Computer woes pale in comparision to glee

I am typing on Tom's "special" computer. The computer's (and here I am blanking on the right name) memory? motherboard? something is completely shot and Dad put Linux on an 8GB flash drive and the computer runs off the flash drive. However, this computer is currently the best one in the house. My computer, a desktop I got six and a half years ago decided that it was tired of running that pesky fan all the time.
I'm sure it's not an entirely difficult thing to fix, but alas, it is not on my list of top priorities.

However, as the title suggests, this pales in comparison to the glee I have been feeling for the last day. Tom and I just found out that a couple from our church has a car they rarely use, a 1991 Lincoln Continental, that they are going to give us. For free. Words simply do not express the gratitude I have for this couple, although I will certainly try to tell them.

These last two months have easily been the most stressful of my life. With the car, the problems with baby, and money issues acting as weights dragging my spirit down to the ground. I have been anxious; I knew that God would provide, that He would make it all work out, but I'll be honest, I didn't know how long that would take, and that scared me. I am so thankful to God that His hand played a wonderful role in getting me here today. I know, without a shadow of a doubt, that if I had tried to control this and do it myself, it would not have turned out nearly this well.

And for that, I am in the relaxed, thrilled, glorious, bliss of gratitude.

0 comments: