"Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. " ~ James 1:2-3

That Sweet Smell...

The sweet smell of debt-less-ness is wafting through the windows in my mind. I can almost taste it! Now, granted, we still have a chunk of student loans to pay off,  but we are getting there. I've freed up 10% of our monthly budget that can now go to paying off other debts even faster. In addition, we have a decent savings fund set up now too!
I know money is a touchy subject for some people, but for me, the weight lifting off my shoulders as I learn how to appropriately manage our money is so exciting that I just can't help but share. I am so blessed! I am blessed that Mom gave us the Dave Ramsey kit that helped us get started towards this place, I am blessed that God has allowed me to be a steward of his gifts despite my mistakes in the past, I am blessed that Tom and I can have open, frank discussions about money and budgeting, I am blessed that Dad trusted me, and I am blessed that I have begun to figure out this whole finances thing while I am still young.
To all of you who've helped me get this far, I thank you.

0 comments: