"Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. " ~ James 1:2-3

1000 Thanks - 990 to Go

This post (or post series) is inspired by this post, which was in turn inspired by this post.
I love it!

I am often ridden with anxiety, stress and other painful emotions that seem to attack at the oddest times. I've never learned how to appropriately deal with them, and they've ganged up on me recently. Giving thanks for all God's blessings seems like a wonderful way to begin changing my response to these stressors.

So I begin:

1. Free coffee at work, and those of us who rotate bringing in the good creamer.
2. Having a job that I love.
3. Puppies
4. The space heater in my office for those chillier days
5. Tom, of course, without whom, who knows where I'd be?
6. Harper, who even at 9 months, seems like he's been here my whole life.
7. Whiteboards and dry erase markers.
8. Paying off debts.
9. Mom, who always encouraged me to get out of Michigan.
10. Did I mention coffee? Yes?... Okay, I'm thankful for my own office, with a view and sunlight and everything!

1 comments:

K said...

coffee. yes. coffee is worth two thanks.
but the others are good too.
i'm glad you were inspired. :-)