"Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. " ~ James 1:2-3

WARM

Today was my first day volunteering for WARM, or Wilmington Area Rebuilding Ministry. My church had stuffed orangish flyer into the bulletin one week, and I held onto to it, knowing that I wanted to get involved. Last week, while picking up my Angel Food order at the mall, there was a Home Improvement Expo, and WARM had a booth. I filled out the volunteer application on the spot.
They called within a few days, interested in my data management experience. I am so excited! I have been wanting to find a place where I can volunteer and be useful. WARM's mission is to repair substandard housing for those who are physically or finiancially unable to do so for themselves. I'm starting by entering in data on volunteers and applicants, and I hope that my moderate experience with data management will be useful as I learn their system.

1 comments:

K said...

good for you-
blessed to be a blessing!
love you.