"Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. " ~ James 1:2-3

Okra, version 1.0


HPIM5621
So, never having had okra before, I had no idea what to expect. All I knew was that I didn’t want to fry it. Browsing through comments on allrecipes.com frightened me somewhat – though praising a recipe, people would say something along the lines of “… and it doesn’t have that “slime” normally associated with okra!” Quite the backhanded compliment, it seemed.
However, I was dedicated to using the okra. I used all of it in one recipe, just in case I didn’t care for it, I didn’t have to find more ways to use it that I wouldn’t eat.
What you see here is simply called “okra & tomatoes” and in addition to the obvious ingredients,  has green pepper, onions, and a few slices of bacon. I served it over brown rice, over the suggestion of several of the recipes commenter's.
The recipe was good, but I’m not sure that I would go out of my way to buy okra just yet. But if I get it in another veggie basket, I think I’ll know what to do with it. 

0 comments: