"Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. " ~ James 1:2-3

Long Lost Friends


group shot
The weekend before Labor Day, I celebrate some long lost friends. I hadn’t seen Betty since before Harper was born, and had never met her boyfriend, Hansel. I’ve seen Erin much more recently (last month) but even a month without seeing a close friend feel long lost indeed.
But hurrah, we finally all got together in Wilmington, to enjoy the beaches, downtown, and most of all each other’s company. And like it often is with close friends, it felt like hardly a day had passed. We slipped into jokes and routines with ease, which, I must admit, made it all the more difficult to see everyone leave.
I can’t wait to see everyone again!

0 comments: